Sunday, August 24, 2008

Living Life...

- Intentional -

Function:
adjective
Date:
circa 1677
1: done by intention or design : intended <intentional damage>2 a: of or relating to epistemological intention b: having external reference


I was talking to someone the other day and a weird concept came up, what would happen if everyone lived an Intentional life... Not just living day to day hoping that the next would be better or maybe your pockets a little deeper, but a real intentional life... Waking every morning to pursue a purpose, whatever that may look like to you... I guess I've found myself living that horribly boring and depressing way of lifelessness...
We all hear this rant at some point in our lives but for some reason it struck a cord in me, probably because I have noticed how cold I have become to people in need and that has never been me...
I have a "Friend" who comes into the shop a couple times a week just to chat and pick my brain about tattoos, usually he drives me crazy and I would like to jack him in the face most days, but as I was leaving from work, I heard a very hurt voice call my name from the side of the building... It was my "friend", drunk and angry asking if I might have a second for him... Of course I had plans with friends so in the back of my mind I was saying noooooo, but I said sure... He continued to tell my about "The worse day of his life"... He started to tell my about his daughter (who he usually brings into the shop)... He has had her for the last 7 years due to the Ex and her boyfriends beating and sexually abusing the little girl... He asked me for some advice about hope and having faith that she would be ok throughout this situation... Of course I gave him the textbook answer because I had plans... Driving away from him I realized what a Prick I had turned into, Caring about people who need no care(or maybe they do but don't want it)...


So as of today I will live an Intentional life...

-The Prick

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm proud of you.....